Raspberry Lime Muffin Tops

It's a windy day here in Hay Cove. I have done the little things around the house that were needing to be tended to then sat down for a tea. I have been missing my kitchen a lot lately so I was already in the mood to get at something. Then, I got chatting with a friend and she mentioned muffin tops. Well, I have used that phrase to describe myself lately, but that is not what she was referring to. No. Muffin tops; Muffin batter, plopped onto a cookie sheet and baked in under 15 minutes. Yes. That is what I must do!


Ingredients:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup AP Flour
1/2 cup Splenda or Granulated White Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raspberries, frozen


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place racks in the middle of the oven, leaving a space between the two.
Parchment 2 baking sheets.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
In a larger bowl, whisk all remaining ingredients, except the raspberries.
Fold dry into wet, mixing just until everything is incorporated. You don't want to over mix.
Fold in raspberries.
With two tablespoons, or soup spoons, plop out a nice size of the muffin batter. Space evenly apart. Maybe an inch or two.


Place directly into preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. (If you do not have a convection oven, you may want to switch your racks around after about 6 minutes.)

Let rest on baking sheets for about 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Allow to cool another 5 or 10 before biting into them!


These could very well be baked in muffin tins for 22-25 minutes  You could also use all AP flour if you want! I just tried to make these a little healthier and diabetic friendly!
Give it a go and be sure to let me know what you think!

Happy Baking!

Natasha

Comments