Natasha's Won Ton Soup

I love Won Ton soup. When I have it out at Chinese restaurant though, I'm usually disappointed with the amount of vegetables in the broth. Some would say that it is about the dumplings but I disagree.

What you need:
 
Won Tons
1 package of won ton wrappers
1/2 lb ground pork
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp finely chopped spring onion

Soup:

1-2 containers chicken broth
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 bunch spring onions
3 baby bok choy
bean sprouts
mushrooms, thinly sliced
carrots, shredded
*vegetables are your choice. I didn't use the mushrooms or carrots today*



In a bowl, mix the ground pork with the ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and spring onion.
Let sit for 20 minutes or so. 
Get a cutting board and a small bowl with water.

place a small amount of filling in the bottom corner.
Make a rectangle.


Fold to make a little tortellini looking shape. *You can do these however you wish!*


Bring broth to a simmer and add a few dumplings at a time and cook for about 5 minutes in batches. Remove from broth and place on a parchment paper lined pan. Spray parchment with cooking spray for easy removal.


Prepare all your vegetable for your soup.


When all dumplings have been pre cooked, add your soy sauce and sesame oil to broth. Add more broth if needed. Add vegetables.
*I only make enough soup that I'm going to eat right away since I like my vegetables with a little crunch*


Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add some dumplings back to pot. *I usually use 4 per bowl of soup*
Bring back to a simmer for 4 - 5 minutes to heat dumplings.


Serve it up!


This soup makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside! I really love it. I hope you do too!

Happy Cooking!

Comments