Korean Pork Chops

Last weekend we enjoyed a night out with 10 others at a supper club. The chef's appetizer were these amazing Korean Pork Ribs. Two single ribs served with some Asian Slaw. It was so so good. It left us wishing he'd bring us seconds....maybe even thirds! I got to thinking and researching and thought I'd try and replicate his flavors into a marinade for some pork loin chops. Here is what I came up with.


For the Marinade:

1/4 cup soya sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp siracha sauce *more or less depending on your tolerance for heat*
1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
4 large cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp sesame oil 
1/4 cup water

Whisk together and pour over 6 nice pork chops. I used thick loin chops I cut myself out of a 2 lb pork loin.

Refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.

Preheat oven to 400F. Line pan with foil and place a rack on the pan. 
Remove chops from marinade and place on rack.  
Pour remaining marinade in small pot (If yo prefer, make another batch of the marinade.)
Simmer on low till thick. Bake pork chops for 10 minutes. Flip. Glaze with thickened marinade. 

Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes. Flip and glaze. Bake for another 3 minutes. Check for internal temp of between 155F and 165F. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. 
I served these with steamed rice and a stir fry of bok choy, mushrooms, onions and carrots!  

I really enjoyed the flavor and they were very juicy. It's important not to over cook these pork chops. Pork tends to try out fairly quick. 




I love to eat out. Other Chefs inspire me! Sometimes I am disappointed but this was my second dinner at this supper club and it was absolutely perfect! I can't wait to go back!
Until I do, I'll just make my own amazing food!

Happy Cooking!

Comments