Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Meat Ball Soup

This was posted a few months back on my Facebook page, but considering how cold it is today here in Hay Cove, I thought I'd share it here on my blog. I have been in a soup mood for a few weeks now. I have some bottles in my fridge so maybe I'll eat those before I decide to make any new ones!
Hope you enjoy this!

**This meat ball mixture can be sealed inside some lovely wonton wrappers as well and simmered in broth with some sliced mushrooms and sliced nappa cabbage, garnish with some green onion and you have a homemade wonton soup!** 


Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Meat Ball Soup

For the Meatballs:
1/2lb groun chicken or turkey or pork
1/4 cup finely diced water chestnuts
1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Mix all together. This will be fairly wet.

bring 4-6 cups of chicken broth to a simmer. Using two tablespoons, spoon "ball" of meat mixture into simmering liquid. Simmer 5-10 minutes until cooked. Remove from stock with slotted spoon.

For soup:
2-3 Baby bok choy, chopped and washed well
1 can mushrooms
1 can baby corn
1/4 package rice noodles
2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil

Simmer everything together and add meatballs back to mixture. Finish soup with some carrot ribbons (Just use your peeler to ribbon some in there!)



Comments