Chocolate Banana Muffins

Today is a holiday here in Nova Scotia. Heritage Day, also known as Family Day. I am spending my day relaxing at home and of course, a little kitchen time.
I tackled my up stairs freezer this morning and found 7 bananas. Perfect excuse to bake! I knew my husband would enjoy the traditional banana bread I always make, but I was thinking chocolate. I have 3 or 4 cook books on the go. Ones that are hand written. I took them all out and started flipping through the pages. I knew I had seen this recipe for Chocolate Banana Muffins not long ago. Yes! Found it! Let's give it a go, shall we?


They turned out so nice and were so tasty I decided to share it with you. Not too sweet and just enough chocolate to satisfy my craving. 

Ingredients

2 cups AP flour (All Purpose)
1/3 cup white sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
2 medium bananas, over ripe, peel and mash
1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet + extra for tops

Method
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder in medium sized bowl.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together milk, oil, egg and mashed banana. 
- Fold dry ingredients into wet. Careful not to over mix. A few lumps are fine here.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon even amounts of batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with 3 or 4 more chocolate chips.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack for 5 to 10 minutes before enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea.



Happy Cooking!

Comments