Bay Scallop Pasta

I've been busy. I am in the process of starting my own little side job. Tasha's Tasty Table! Maybe do some dinner parties and meals to go, as well as Cook with the Chef events! Tomorrow I am doing a trial run. I'm nervous, yet very excited. I will let you know how it goes!

Last night, after a crazy day of appointments and grocery shopping, I decided I needed a nice pasta dish. I didn't have any whole wheat pasta, and I wasn't feeling the vegetable noodles, so I went all out with white spaghetti noodles. For this, you could use whatever pasta you like. I think angel hair pasta would have been nice as well. 

Ingredients:
Pasta for 2. Just use judgement or whatever the package recommends for a serving. 
1 lb bay scallops
1 bell pepper, your choice of colour, sliced thin
1/2 red onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic
3 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp Sun dried tomato pesto
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper
Pasta Water *If you used veggie noodles, just use some hot tap water for this*

- Cook pasta. 
- While pasta is cooking, saute peppers, onion and garlic in a small amount of the EVOO. Set aside.
- Heat another small amount of EVOO and let get hot. Sear up the scallops. 
- Reduce heat, add back the vegetables, the chopped basil, parsley, salt, pepper (to taste), the pesto, more olive oil and cheese. 
- Toss in cooked noodles and a little of the pasta water to make a sauce. You just want it to cling to your noodles.
*If using vegetable noodles, add them in last. If it's carrot or sweet potato, make sure you blanch them in boiling water for a few minutes first to take away the raw bite. If using zucchini noodles, add them raw. You just need to heat them through*

Serve it up with some more fresh Parmesan, fresh cracked black pepper and some garlic toast and salad if you wish! 
Enjoy!


Happy Cooking!

Comments